Before living happily ever after, the hero has to confront fiery dragons and wicked warlocks in the course of a quest. The joy is in the journey; the challenge taken. You are the hero and we are your trusty steed.
At Edge Pledge we don’t want to leave these experiences up to chance.
We want you to experience deep enjoyment that is long cherished.
We want you to talk about your experience, come back again for more challenges and encourage others.
By setting challenges for yourself and others we believe you will experience enjoyment, a moving forward in life and a sense of novelty and accomplishment.
We want you to complete life affirming challenges which make you feel strong, alert, in effortless control and at the peak of your abilities.
We want you to be a great person when you’re on our Website/Application and preparing for, completing and celebrating your challenges.
To do this, we have prepared some principles to guide you:
● We only support challenges and experiences that are life giving and positive.
● Nominate challenges unto others as you would nominate challenges unto yourself.
● Be super positive, encouraging and also know how to have a laugh.
● We don’t support, and you must not engage in or nominate, challenges that:
− may possibly lead to death, injury, pain or suffering;
− may possibly cause material harm to the environment;
− may possibly cause material harm to Australia’s engendered native wildlife;
− may possibly constitute a breach of law in any Australian state or territory;
− may possibly disrespect Indigenous Australians as the traditional custodians of the environment
If you are under 18 years of age at the date of using the Website/Application, you must have a parent's or legal guardian's consent to do so.
Our Website/Application is primarily meant to help you find, share, promote, store and complete challenges. It is also designed to provide you with information about Edge Pledge, such as events and other interesting things we are up to.
While we try to keep our Website/Application up-to-date and accurate, we take no responsibility for any incorrect information.
Our Website/Application may also include surveys to help us learn about you or your interest in:
• volunteering to help native animals or volunteering at an event;
• hosting an event;
• being part of a news story about your experiences; and
• newsletter sign-up.
We do not absolutely guarantee any confidentiality or anonymity with respect to any information you provide to us. By submitting information, photos, videos or other materials to us through the website or via email, you expressly give us permission to use such materials for any purpose and represent and warrant that you are the owner of such materials and have the right to permit us to use them for any purpose.
For example, if you fill out our Media Profile survey and email us your photo, you give us your permission to (among other things):
• shop your story and photo to any media outlets we choose;
• put any such media outlets in touch with you; and
• use your information (including, without limitation, your photo and story and any other materials submitted by you to Edge Pledge) and allow others to use those same materials.
To find, share, promote, save, store and complete challenges on the Edge Pledge Website/Application, you need to create an account with Edge Pledge.
Other Third Party Sites
Our Website/Application may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We assume no responsibility for the content, products, services, policies or practices of any third-party websites.
The Website/Application and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Edge Pledge and are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws.
Unless otherwise specified, all intellectual and industrial property rights of whatever nature (whether or not registered or registrable) (“Intellectual Property”) in the Website/Application are the property of Edge Pledge or its licensors and must not be used without our written consent.
You retain ownership rights in anything you submit to us through our Website/Application or by email. However, when you submit materials to us (eg. information, photos, videos), you automatically grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, assignable, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, replicate, display, broadcast and distribute that material.
Edge Pledge may at any time and without prior notice terminate or suspend your access to the Website/Application.
For example, we may terminate or suspend your access if you:
● use the Website/Application or its content for any commercial purpose;
● use the Website/Application or its content for any illegal purpose;
● attempt to gain unauthorised access to any other user’s computer systems or networks associated with the Website/Application;
● modify or attempt to modify or in any way tamper with the Website/Application;
● use the Website/Application or any of its content in a way that may infringe upon the Intellectual Property or other rights of any third party;
● interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website/Application;
● stalk, harass, threaten, intimidate or harm another; or
● pretend to be anyone, or any entity, you are not.
In using our Website/Application you release and forever discharge Edge Pledge, its officers, employees, advisors and agents, from all claims, liabilities and costs of whatsoever nature, that you might have now or in the future, against Edge Pledge its officers, employees, advisors and agents.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions or use of the Website/Application or any materials submitted by you through the Website/Application, by email or otherwise, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, legal fees and disbursements) related to such claim.
You understand and agree that all content and material, whether publically posted or privately transmitted on the Website/Application, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content or material originated. This means that you, and not Edge Pledge, are responsible for any content and material accessed by you on the Website/Application. You understand that by using the Website/Application you may encounter content or material that you may find offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and that you may expose others to such content or material. You understand and agree that your use of the Website/Application is solely at your own risk and that Edge Pledge will not be held liable.
You understand and agree that Edge Pledge will not be liable for and does not make any warranties in relation to any:
• loss or damage, including for negligence, breach of contract, or tort and including any form of consequential loss including but not limited to any third party loss, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, economic loss, and the like, whether caused directly or indirectly in connection with your use of the Website/Application;
• information, content, comments, photos, files, images, sounds and the like posted on or transmitted through or linked from the Website/Application which are the sole responsibility of the person who provided them;
• the use of donations made through our Website or Application; or
• disruptions to the Website/Application. Edge Pledge does not guarantee or warrant that the Website/Application will run uninterrupted, at good speed, secure, or without errors from time to time; or
• corruption or damage to your computer system, tablet, mobile phone, mobile handset or other device which may occur in connection with your use of the Website/Application. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any links or the like which you select to use from the Website/Application are free from viruses or any other items which may interfere with, corrupt or damage or affect the operation of your computer system, tablet, mobile phone or other device.
This Agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria in respect of all matters or things arising out of this Agreement.
If you have a complaint, feedback or suggestion you can contact us using the details below. Once we have received the complaint, we will investigate and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
Edge Pledge Group Ltd
5 Magnolia Road
Gardenvale, Victoria, 3185
Alternatively, if you believe that content you own has been copied or made accessible in a manner that violates your intellectual property rights, please notify us immediately by emailing our Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
● a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
● a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Website/Application;
● your address, telephone number, and email address; and
● why you say that content is owned by you.