Protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way Edge Pledge Group Ltd and its related parties (“Edge Pledge" and "we/our/us”) do business.
• what personal information we collect and why
• how we use your personal information
• when we will share your personal information
• how we keep your personal information safe
• the choices we offer to access and update your personal information
• how to provide feedback or make a complaint.
We know that this can be a little dry, but please take the time to read it carefully. It's important.
We collect information to provide a better experience for you – from simple stuff like making it easy for you to share things on social media, to more complex things like better understanding the types of challenges you might like to do and who matters most to you online.
The personal information that we collect will depend on your relationship with us. It may include information that:
• You give to us - including your personal and contact details, e-mail address, date of birth, gender and photograph.
• We collect when you use our services - such as your log-in information, the challenges you choose or send to other people, donations you make, the ways you interact with other users (e.g. comments you leave or information shared through social media) and how you view and interact with our ads and other content (e.g. how a particular user scrolls and uses their mouse on a page).
• Is device information - including crashes, dates and times of requests and device identifiers such as your IP address and MAC address.
• Relates to our contact with you - including when we have e-mailed you and how you have responded, records of feedback you may have provided and our response to that feedback.
• You provide about other people - including their e-mail address and challenges you may have suggested for them.
We also use combined user information through Google Analytics which is a web-tracking tool that generates detailed statistics about traffic to our website.
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the option of interacting with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you do not provide some or all of the information requested, to the extent we are legally entitled to do so, we may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
We will not collect other sensitive information about you, including information about your political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, or criminal record unless you have consented for us to do so, or the collection of the information is required or authorised by Australian law.
Edge Pledge's services are for general audiences. Edge Pledge collects, uses and discloses information relating to users under the age of 18 in the same manner as it does for adults. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parent or guardian's permission before disclosing any information to Edge Pledge.
Some examples of when we may use your personal information include:
• in our services and on our website we may display your profile name, photo, any challenges you have or are currently undertaking and any comments you have made
• we will use device information and records of crashes and requests to improve our services
• we will use personal information to review and tailor advertising for you. However, we will not associate an identifier with sensitive categories, such as race, religion, sexual orientation or health
We may also use your e-mail address to:
• manage your account
• respond to an issue you have contacted us about (when you contact us we will keep a record of this communication to help solve your issue and to identify any broader problems)
• inform you about our products or services, such as letting you know about challenges, events, changes or improvements that are upcoming or might interest you
• collect market or customer satisfaction information through surveys or feedback forms.
Sometimes we used third party services to store data and information, provide web support or otherwise deliver information. These services are managed by external organisations, some of which may be located overseas. Currently data storage will occur in various data centres in the USA. Edge Pledge will take reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties do not breach the Act in relation to the personal information we may disclose.
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals unless one or more of the following circumstances apply:
• With your consent - we will share your personal information when we have your consent to do so. This may include with an environmental partner you are fundraising for or one of our other partner organisations with compatible products and services.
• For legal reasons - we will share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Edge Pledge, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information with our partners – like publishers, advertisers and other partner organisations offering compatible products and services.
Our products and services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
We are serious about the security of your personal information and we work hard to ensure there is no unauthorised access or changes to your personal data.
We do this by:
• encrypting our services using SSL
• only allowing your personal information to be accessed by our employees, contractors and agents when it is necessary for them to access that information to process or manage it
• maintaining physical security such as locks and security systems, in addition to electronic and procedural safeguards.
We aim to provide you with easy access to view your personal information. If the information is wrong or out of date, we will provide you with ways to request to update it. We will ask you to verify your identity before we act on your request.
We may keep a record of previous personal information recorded, if we have a legitimate business or legal reason to do so.
If you have a complaint, feedback or suggestion, you can contact us using the details below.
Once we have received the complaint, we will investigate and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
Edge Pledge Group Ltd
5 Magnolia Road
Gardenvale, Victoria, 3185
If you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (in writing) at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Phone: 1300 363 992
TTY: 1800 620 241