Edge Pledge TV Episode 21
Edge Pledge - November 6, 2017
It is that time of the week again. You guessed it, Edge Pledge TV. Welcome to episode 21 where we take you deep into the open-woodland forest of a wildlife-fundraising platform and we unpack all we are doing as we try to end extinction with you and have some laughs along the way. This episode Sam Marwood talks about:
- Pledges and votes
We have 70 pledges loaded and raised $19,000. That concludes our second challenge season. We are still so excited that so many people participated this year. We know it is a big thing to support a new concept, and to have all of your love and hard earned money is a big boost.
Here are the stats:
- 584 donator
- Average of $32 a vote/donation
- 70 pledges (18 raised $0)
- $365 per pledge (people who raised over $1)
- Lessons from our second season
- We have proven this works. More people taking on challenges and having fun. We always get great feedback from people how have taken on a pledge. They enjoy the trepidation of voting.
- The average fund raise was $365, which is well above industry average for challenge-focused charities.
- People struggle to justify donating to non-human causes. We have people saying they want to donate to humans and not the environment. This is an ongoing issue for the environment sector. We don't want to fight it, we can't change people, but we can work with it. Which is why we are testing this 50/50 concept with fundraising for schools and local wildlife.
- It probably is still tricky for people to get the concept of voting to donate. We will keep working on that.
- We need to find ways to support our environment partners more - to get them more activated and so it's easy for them to activate their followers.
- Grunt work: We probably need more volunteers and even one staff members. So we are looking to raise some funds to employ someone a few days a week. As the team are all volunteers themselves.
- Ability to find local challenges - we think this is key. So anyone can find a unique challenge that can be completed within a close proximity to them. We are working with a new business that does just this, which is really exciting. I'll reveal more over the next few months.
Including a target for how much people want to raise. This is probably key as well. People may not be donating as much, or challenges not promoting as much because they don't know what they are aiming for. We will investigate ways to get target up and running.
Providing evidence of challenges completed
The focus for most of our challengers now is to get their challenge done. We will make sure we are following up with each and everyone of them to get it done and to prove it - through video or photo. Make sure you keep on to them and we will to, in order to ensure they earn their fundraising!